What are fix and flip loans?
Flipping a property usually means buying a building for renovations purposes and selling it to get some profit. In most cases, this method is used for homes, but it’s suitable for all types of properties. Fix & flip loan is short-term, implies high interests but cover the cost of purchase and renovation.
Also, with this type of loan, it’s possible to buy “fixer-upper” properties called distressed properties. Experienced flippers usually buy a run-down house in a good neighborhood, make aesthetic improvements and then sell it at a premium price and, of course, make a good profit.
In most cases, hard money lenders are ready to cover up to 70% of costs. However, with LBC Capital, you can get up to 85% and fast deal closing.
Types of fix and flip loans
Professional real estate investors may have access to immediate financing that they use for fix and flip properties. They achieve this financial support by having a long-term relationship with private lenders. As for beginners, it’s required to have collateral besides the house you are going to purchase.
So, what are the types of fix and flip loans?
– Hard money loans
– Cash-out refinance
– HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit)
– Seller financing
– Bridge loans
– Investment property credit line (based on rental income)
– Business credit lines
– These fix and flip loans work while the property sells.
What are the costs of flipping a property?
The costs of flipping a house may be solid. However, additional unknown costs plus expensive renovations may become the worst scenario.
Here is a list of additional costs that every fix and flipper should be aware of:
1. Property acquisition cost. These costs usually include purchase price, closing costs, good-faith deposits, inspections, financing costs, and costs of liens.
2. Renovation costs. These costs imply construction plans, building permits, insurance, equipment rental, and other expenses related to house repair.
3. Loan costs. These are loan payments until the property is sold.
4. Holding costs. These costs are associated with landscaping and utilities necessary to keep the house in good condition while it sells.
5. Selling costs. These costs include sales commission, advertising, closing costs, and inspections.
LBC Capital is a top Californian hard money lender where you can get a hard money loan fast, securely, and without any stress. We have our own fund, so you don’t have to wait for a long time till your loan is approved (it takes only up to 24 h). Another great benefit is if you need an enormous loan amount, we are ready to give it to you. We offer loans from $ 50,000 up to $ 25 million. With over 15 years of experience and more than 7500+ closed deals, we can guarantee the reliability and security of the deal.
If you are looking for a private lender, we are available in California, Washington, DC., Florida, Texas, and North Carolina. In addition, Nevada and Arizona are coming soon.
Check our recent article on how to get a proof of funds letter here.
Follow our social media channels to be aware of the latest news and cases: